St. John's Anglican Church

Established in 1821

1821 – construction began

The building of the first wooden church began in 1821 and was completed in 1825. The church was consecrated by Dr. John Inglis, Bishop of Nova Scotia, in November 1825. In 1873 the wooden church was moved to the south west corner of the church property so that construction of the present church could begin. In 1882 the wooden church was sold and moved to Havelock St.